Servings: 3 | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 400g SirLoin (about 1.5 inches thick)
- Bread Crumbs (better use Panko sold by Japanese Groceries in manila)
- All-purpose Flour
- Frying Oil
Tools & Equipment
- Meat Mallet
- Deep-frying Thermometer (Optional)
- Plastic Wrapper
- Paper Towels
1. Defrost the meat.
2. Place the meat in the plastic wrapper.
3. Pound the meat until it’s about 3/4 inches thick using your meat mallet.
4. Remove the meat on your wrapper and dry the it with paper towels on all sides.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Dredge the pounded pork one at a time in flour, then eggs.
7. Coat and cover all corners of your meat with fresh bread crumbs
8. Prepare the pan and heat frying oil to medium temp or 325°F / 160 C.
9. Deep-fry for around 7 minutes until golden brown.
10. Lift from pan and strain for a minute.
11. Slice the katsu depending on your preferred thickness.
12. Best serve with cabbage salad , miso soup, tonkatsu sauce, and of course with steamed rice!